Friday, January 11, 2008

Some Stuff I Forgot

Last Xmas my husband's sister-in-law requested that I make her the log cabin blanket in Mason Dixon Knitting. It took a year, but here it is:


(My husband suggested I be in the photo for scale or it would just look like a potholder.) Boy did I burn through some yarn. I'm working on a blue one now because I have a ton of old blue acrylic yarn. If I can stomach working on a yellow one I might do that after. Then I will have a lean, mean stash pile.

Here's something I just made for fun, hoping to foist it on someone as an Xmas gift. I somehow ended up with an old bamboo tray that had some horrible watermelon print fabric glued to it. For some reason I saw potential in this. First I spraypainted it black, then I decoupaged a bunch of space shit all over it:

I just recently bought a matching bamboo tray, sans watermelon fabric, so I'm going to make another one. I think it's rad as hell but I have absolutely no use for it. So why not have two? Am I right?

I'm fishing through my Flickr account to see if I missed anything else, but I think that's it. I still have to prep the photos from one last project, which I will do sometime this weekend, and that should be the last of it.

2 comments:

DoubleDutchess59 said...

Well, let's see if I can comment and have it show up this time. I love the red log cabin blanket; the hard work has certainly paid off!

Come join me on Ravelry. I'm DoubleDutch59 there...

DoubleDutchess59 said...

And oh yeah, I can't believe you didn't bring those cool bags to knit night to show us! Love what you did with the pewter rat; I knew you'd put it to good use.