Thursday, April 21, 2016

Whittlin' Update

As much as I love my Opinel, the Old Timer and the Uncle Henry have become my regulars, after I sharpened Uncle Henry properly.

These projects:

are pictured on the cover of this book:

"A weekend" they claim! These folks clearly do not have as much laundry or as spoiled, demanding lizards as I do. It took me about 30 years. But I have video proof that they move about freely!

That open spot in one of the links is where some wood broke off. I use that hole to hook the chain onto something and then spin the links so you have no idea how it was done. I AM THE GREATEST WHITTLER THAT EVER LIVED. As proof, here is the demon I made for a friend's birthday:

I know that may seem to be fancy expensive redwood, but it's basswood that I painted black and then dry brushed with red. And I glued beads in for eyes. My friend said "oh great, now I'm cursed." She gets it.

No comments: