Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Return of the Yeti

Here's my latest painting, completed last night. Before:

After:

You know you want more Yetis. Close up:


Right before I started working on it, I realized that what he's walking on probably isn't a road. I had thought it was, but upon further contemplation I realized it was probably water. I then made the executive decision that it was frozen water, and therefore stable enough to support a big dumb yeti heading out to run some errands.

As a bonus, here is a free sewing tip: I can't ever get those stupid blue pencils to write on my fabric. The best one I have is a "dressmaker's" pencil, whatever that means, but the other ones never work. So the other night while working on a project for a friend, in frantic desperation I licked the point of one of the pencils before holding it to my fabric. Huzzah! It traced a perfect line right where I needed it.

If it's not going to write on the fabric unless you lick it, why don't they print that shit on the packaging? Is this something that everyone in the world knows except for me?? Probably. Anyway, I was so pleased with my discovery that I wanted to share it. Go forth and write on your fabric with abandon, grasshoppers.

No comments: