Thursday, April 5, 2007

Baby Hats

A friend of mine just recently had a baby. Well, he didn't have it, his woman did. But he saw a photo of my Baby Valkyrie hat and requested one for his offspring. Being that he and the baby are black, I offered to make black pigtails instead of the usual blonde:This is not his child. This is a baby skeleton I got at Joann Crafts one Halloween, and I freaking love it.

His other request was a Jamaican-style dread basket with attached fake dreads. I came up with this:The skeleton's head way stretches out the hat. On the baby it will poof out more. At least I hope it will. I have demanded photos of his kid in these hats. They are 100% acrylic, but with the fake hair attached I recommended hand-washing. But spit-up or spewed carrots and peas should easily wipe clean. Or just blend in.

I plan to use this pattern again. I think it would make a cute bonnet if done in a solid color, or would make a good wee Scottish tam if done in a kilt color combo. Of course I would leave off the dreadlocks in those cases. Maybe.

2 comments:

Gaby said...

Gotdamn glorious wife.

Diana said...

This is why one of us needs to have a baby. We can dress it up in all kinds of ridiculous shit, and then complain about the baby's embarrassing choice of attire.