Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gill-Man and the UFO

"The Creature from the Black Lagoon" is hilarious, and if you haven't seen it put it on your To-Do List. In tribute to the creature, I decided to add him to this painting:
Here he comes!
Feel the fury of the close up:
The second painting needed something, but I didn't know what.
Luckily a passing UFO lost steering control and smashed into the snow bank, providing just what I needed:
Close up:
"Gill-Man" is 19 1/2" x 23 1/4" with frame, and "Snowed In" (that's what it says on the back) is 21"x27" with frame.

I have been busy lately with things not related to crafting, so not much has been going up here. Next month is not going to be much better I'm afraid. But with Xmas coming the crafting should pick up. I have two more paintings lined up, some more etching planned, more sewing, more shrinky-dink experiments, and two more blank sets of matrioshka dolls. Also I have a pretty cool lampshade that may or may not get decoupaged, depending on the flammability warnings on the Mod Podge label... In other words, bear with me - I have more things piled up in my head than I have time for. Save me a seat at the crafting table!

No comments: