Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun With Ceramics

It's been a while, sorry about that. I've become obsessed with ceramics and they take longer than other stuff. Also I've been knitting a lot of devil and Viking hats, and you've already seen those.

I found a plain white ceramic cherub at the Goodwill, and failed to take a before photo of it. But if you've ever been to a Goodwill I'm sure you've seen one. Anyway, the Cherub told me that he was a demon from Hell and that his name is Zahgurim. He wanted to know if I could please paint him up to look scary. I said no prob.

I made him red and added his symbol from the Necronomicon. I used regular acrylic paint, did the symbol with a Sharpie, and gave him three coats of acrylic varnish:


He brought the skull with him. I didn't ask.


Here's his back:


Underneath him I wrote his name and the word used to call him, plus his number in the Necronomicon.


His entry reads:

"As ZAHRIM, a most terrible opponent. It is said ZAHGURIM slays slowly, after a most unnatural fashion. I do not know, for I have never summoned this Spirit. It is thy risk. The word is MASHTISHADDU and the Seal:" is the image on his chest.

Consider yourselves warned.

3 comments:

soozinsta said...

I would like some reference to scale in these photos. What size is our little friend?

Diana said...

Damn. I usually put a ruler in these things, don't I? Shame on me. He's about 8 or 9 inches tall sitting down. I'll confirm that when I get home. The skull is about an inch and a half.

Diana said...

Sorry - I've been drinking for three days. Yup, he's about 8 1/2 inches tall sitting down.