Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rick Rolling: Still Funny

The final part of my brother's Xmas present, this bookmark, was supposed to be a prank on him.

Untitled
Untitled

Sadly, it became a prank on me because every time I picked it up to work on it, that damn song stuck in my head again. So much for that. YOU WIN THIS ROUND, ASTLEY.

Here's the backing fabric, plus my nifty new labels from Charm Woven Labels since I burned through all the old ones:

Untitled

Yeah, I know these photos are dark, house is a cave, too lazy to fix, etc.

At some point I acquired a Mardi Gras necklace consisting of huge shiny babies and a flashing box that read "HAPPY MARDI GRAS." I harvested the babies (I'm sure I'll use them for something) which left the weird box. I used a combination of rubbing alcohol and elbow grease to attempt to get the letters off, but in the end I had to resort to sandpaper. Who knew they invested in such quality lettering? Then I added my own sentiment with some Sharpies and spray varnish, and hit the button on the back:

UntitledUntitled

UNLEASH THE BEAST AND LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!! I added an adhesive pinback so my brother can easily wear it to work or important meetings.

Untitled

Then I wrapped it up in the Tiffany box I've been saving (Was it even mine? Who knows.) for just such a special occasion.

Untitled

Merry Xmas, Brah!

Also I decided to saw my Catgirl Halle Berry doll in half with the dremel:

Untitled

Stay tuned for further updates on that.

In closing, here is a video of me and the flashing box enjoying some Tsjuder:

Good times.

No comments: