Friday, February 22, 2013

Stress Relief

Every year my company hands out squeezy stress ball things shaped like bizarre stuff that makes no sense. Every year this is what we do to them:

Untitled

We turned some of the M&M things into Fight Club, and I guess we lost most of the hard hats. One of the other operators sliced an M&M thing in half and hung the face on the bulletin board. I decided he was onto something, but I wanted to take things a step further, so I took one example of each home with me and went to work.

Untitled

Google helped me with the fake Latin names.

Top left: ANTHROPOS CROCUS GLABRA might mean "man, yellow, hairless."

Top right: ANTHROPOS NANOS HIRSUTUS "man, tiny, hairy." (Intact, he shrieks "THANK YOU!!" a million times when squeezed. This trophy no longer has that option.) (Also there's an amusing story regarding another department "accidentally misplacing" all of the little voice chips. Tee hee.)

Bottom left: OVUM RES CROCUS DORSUM "egg thing, yellow, backside." (This is the back end of one of the M&M things to which my coworker added some dungarees and an ass crack.)

Bottom right: ASTRON CROCUS OPS "star, yellow, face."

Those wooden plaques came in a pack of four for like $1 at Michael's or somewhere, and I've had them forever. I slapped one coat of wood stain on them, used E6000 to attach the trophies, and hammered out the plaques. Then I screwed some eyehooks into the top and hung them on the wall over the bulletin board:

My boss still hasn't noticed.

And then a friend of mine put out a call for crafts to sell in a school fundraiser. I made this to donate:

I'm sure it will bring millions of dollars.

Gaby's birthday is this weekend and I've made a whole pile of crap for her, but I can't show it yet! So exciting! I'll be back later with all that junk. Also, I've been given a whole pile of inspirational words from the BFF which will be commemorated with many wonderful projects. This is shaping up to be a busy year. Hooray!

Update: I found out from my friend that she had to name the painting for the auction, and she named it "U.F.Uh-oh." I love it!

No comments: