Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Foolishness

I'm working on more benefit stuff with the BFF. He sent me a partial manifesto which I have been mining for projects such as this:

Untitled

...and this...

Untitled

These are the rough drafts. I like the way muslin looks, but I don't like how the floss shows through from the back. I bought some new fabric that I hope won't have the same issue.

The BFF's Manifesto is also being mined for a glorious secret project that is currently in the works. SQUEE!! I'm very excited about that. And I hope it does not break me financially. We shall see.

Yeah, so Gaby's birthday! I made her a bracelet out of lyrics to "Clan in da Front" by Wu-Tang Clan, one of her favorite rap songs, which I cleverly gleaned by asking her, "What is your favorite rap song?"

I practiced first by making myself a bracelet with the lyrics to "Let the Devil In" by Sargeist:

Untitled

I also made Gaby a trophy she can proudly display in her office:

Untitled

Everyone at work will know that she is not to be trifled with. Oh, and that backwards "3" in "2013" was unintentional. I am a dumbass.

I put the bracelet in this gold box:

And stuck that gold box and the trophy and all the other crap I gave her into this gift box on which I spray painted a hot pink chimp:

Untitled

...the stencil for which I got out of the Stencil 101 book. I'm slowly stenciling everything in my house with chimps. It seems like the proper course of action.

No comments: