Friday, March 23, 2007

Two New Paintings

The camera is back from SXSW, it's unloaded, recharged and ready to accept my deranged "artwork" again.

Here's the first victim:Nice little snowscape, boring and a little eerie, I think. Here's what happened:Oh no! Some dumbass skidded off the road into the lake! Here's a close up:I really dig that frame.

The second one looks like someone was doing shrooms when they painted it - good shrooms:I decided that if I was a unicorn, this is where I would want to die.

Ahhh... eternal rest by a purple lake. How fitting. Close up:

The Jesus/Bigfoot/Nessie painting actually sold, if you can believe that. Big thanks to the man that bought it, whomever he may be. All but these last two (and the one that sold) are hanging in a shop called Victory Vintage in Decatur, GA. Big BIG thanks to Lee for taking a chance on me. I hope I do you proud.

3 comments:

Gaby said...

That kicks ass! One step closer to compound living.

Unknown said...

ahh... the purple lake of despair... reminds me of a poem that was in the onion a few years back. they were doing a comparative analysis of poetry written by children whose parents were still married vs. divorced. It was unanimous - children of divorcees write much, much worse poetry. Their shining example was a poem calle "the purple lake of despair". it has all come together for me now. thank you.

Diana said...

This one just recently sold. I'm really curious to know who bought it. I hope it was a satisfying use of their Day Pass.

You're welcome.