Friday, June 15, 2012

Beaver & Dee & SJP

A friend of mine works on a metal zine called Chips & Beer which also employs a brilliant illustrator named Beaver. I am currently using Beaver's illustration of GG Allin taking a shit on an album as the lock screen on my phone, which I won't trouble you with here.

Issue #3 of Chips & Beer, the current issue as of this writing, contains the following Beaver illustration:

Untitled

No, you're absolutely right, it is Dee Snider brushing Sarah Jessica Parker's hair. You are not imagining that. And I can't tell you how pleased I was to see this; it actually filled a little hole in my heart that I didn't know existed. And I decided I couldn't just let it lie there on the page, hidden from the world! I felt compelled to embroider this commemorative pillow:

Untitled

Incidentally, the chair in that photo is exactly that color. It is not this color, taken seconds later with the same light source:

Untitled

I seriously give up on the lighting in my house. Anyhoo, I added Beaver's name to my tag so he gets full credit, and I'm mailing it to my friend as a surprise gift. He should get it today or tomorrow, and I am boldly posting this early despite the totally realistic chance that my internet fame will blow the surprise. Call me crazy.

No comments: