Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Damn You Krabs, I Went To College!"

I found a thrift store near my house that I haven't visited before, so I stopped in one day. It was kind of junky but I can always manage to find something in these places. This is a weird tote bag that has a reversible fabric liner inside, covered with a generic photo of the beach:

Untitled

The back side of this is white, and the inside is denim. Predictably, the plastic part was filled with cat hair, and there were some noticeable scratches on it, but I cleaned it out with soap and water and threw the liner in the washing machine. Then I began the process of staring at it until something came to me.

In the meantime, I finally grew out of my Elvis tote bag (I have tote bags all over the house) that I use for my drumming stuff. So I bought a $5 canvas tote bag at Hobby Lobby and decided to cover it with patches. I dug out my patch collection, and lo and behold, I totally forgot I had some of these! I slapped them on the liner and decided I liked how it looked, so I ironed the new ones and glued the old ones. Voila:

Spongebob has spotted the skeleton-babe and, equally torn between fear and lust, has been driven to madness. Patrick's just glad to be outside and hasn't yet noticed that it's bat country.

If you look closely you can see a halo around the skeleton-babe shaped like an iron. That's because I thought "Well she's the same length, so I won't risk moving the iron around, I'll just hold it in one place for like thirty seconds on high heat. What could possibly go wrong?" I had hoped that the plastic liner would sort of obscure the burn, but judging by this photo, it won't. Therefore I have decided that it's an iron-shaped inter-dimensional portal that Plankton has rigged up to teleport the skeleton-babe into Bikini Bottom in the hope that he will break Spongebob and finally learn the recipe to the Krabby Patty. Of course he will fail spectacularly.

No comments: