Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moar Zombies

My brother is into gore, and he and his wife watch True Blood and all that other stuff. So when her birthday rolled around this year I decided to embroider some special tea towels for her kitchen. (Of course I decided this totally at the very last minute, and they were delivered late.)

This pattern hasn't changed in 400 years.

Untitled

Awww, how sweet!!

Untitled

OH DEAR GOD THE HORROR!

Untitled

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Untitled

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Untitled

Awww. I can't stay mad at zombie kittens. I hope she liked them, because I haven't heard anything. Cross your fingers for me.

[Edit: Oh hey guess what, I found out why I haven't heard anything: I checked my mail yesterday to find the gift has been returned to me. They changed apartments about four days before I mailed it, so rather than forwarding it to the new place by, say, walking across the parking lot, the PO decided to go ahead and print their new address on a label, stick it to the package, and then send the whole thing back to Georgia. Because that was way easier. I'm reshipping today. Don't even get me started on the USPS.][Edit: She got it!]

I have a couple other embroidery projects that I can't share yet because they won't be delivered until mid-July, one project that I'll probably finish this weekend and will post after I mail it, and another that won't be delivered until Xmas, so you can forget me ever remembering to post that one.

Oh, ha! I forgot about this. We went to an outdoor concert on Memorial Day and I was lamenting not having a big straw hat to ward off the horrible, horrible sun. So before we went to Monster Bash this weekend I bought a $5 hat at Publix. But I doctored it up for the Heavy Metal Parking Lot meetup:

Here it is hanging on my Kuntry Koat Rack:

And here it is in action at the frost-bitten Blashyrkh Drive In:

Untitled

I wish frost-bitten. Anyway the vodka watermelon that Heavy Metal Parking Lot is decimating in the background was frost-bitten. As was my Yuengling. Hails!

No comments: