Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Sure Do Like Metal Stamping.

Ages ago an old buddy made these cards and handed them out. Probably at work, because he's a lunatic, but I can't remember for sure:

He claims it reads, "People can be such stupid fucks" in Latin. Or it might be "sorry" fucks, again, I can't remember for sure. But the sentiment is solid and it has held pride of place on the mantel ever since. Then the other day I found ring blanks at Michael's! Hooray!! I sure do like metal stamping!! I bought them, grabbed the framed card, and got to stamping:

I draw reference lines with a thin Sharpie first so I have a better shot at lining things up evenly and cramming it all in there. Then I just rub the lines off with alcohol when I'm done. Hooray!! Now it can travel with me wherever I go!

Meanwhile, lost somewhere in Newark, KC/DC was having the worst day ever. I texted a photo and told her about my project. I asked her if she wanted a ring for herself. Of course she did. These things take like ten minutes to bang out, so I had some free time left to wrap the lid of a gift box with an old magazine photo of a house on fire:

You never know what you'll find in my decoupage box. Hooray metal stamping!!

Don't tell my husband, but I also made this and put it on his keychain:

In other news, I finally found a set of smaller letters! Hooray!! I need to make one of these for the BFF's wingman because they need to know their place and we're pretty sure it isn't legal to brand them. So this will have to do. Hooray metal stamping!!

No comments: