Thursday, March 19, 2015

Now I've Discovered Candles

Hey, only two months this time! That's an improvement, right?

So one of my friends said "We're making candles." I said, "Okay." The ladies came over and we proceeded to decimate my kitchen.

I filled some glass containers I got at a thrift store:

And some that were a gift:

But you know me, as soon as I find a new medium I have to start screwing with it. So I saved some empty soup cans, spray painted them with white primer, then yellow Rust-Oleum, then glow-in-the-dark spray paint which turned out to be a complete disappointment - the nozzle keeps clogging, and with four layers of paint the thing barely puts out a weak glow. (Please note: This was not a Krylon product. ALWAYS USE KRYLON.) Then I stenciled on a Toxic Waste symbol and clear coat:

I filled it with melted soy wax to which I added green and yellow dye chips, then tossed in chunks of an old brown candle for realism:

Ah, the 80s! Doesn't that take you back? (If you're old.) Remember when life was simple and all we had to fear was Russia and toxic waste? Which was seemingly EVERYWHERE? Those were good times.

The tall white candle from the earlier photo wasn't quite finished:

I added the horrifying photo of two monkeys and glued some bedazzles on it. Much improved.

I am now addicted to candles, so if you have a birthday coming up, go ahead and expect one. And now for no reason at all, here's a photo of my little doodle tearing ass around the dining room:

SPRING FEVER IS GO.

No comments: