Thursday, May 10, 2012

Putting the "F" in BFF

The BFF has been known to produce genius work under the influence. The morning after a Halloween party, I found this on my counter:

He does not remember drawing this. I have since laminated it. (With my awesome laminator. That I love.) Which was a good idea, because now I can slap some vellum on top of it, trace it out, stick some carbon paper under the vellum, trace it onto fabric I had lying around, embroider it, and make it into this pillow:

Untitled

With this pom-pom fringe:

Untitled

Then to thwart his inevitable copyright violation lawsuit (which he immediately, and predictably, threatened upon receiving these photos), I preemptively added his name to the tag:

Untitled

HA. Screw you, BFF! But O, that's not the only artwork he has gifted me. It's all over the house:

Untitled

Also similarly laminated with my awesome laminator, and similarly converted to an embroidery pattern:

Untitled

Here is the matched set, flanking the Macho King:

I have piles of his artwork, but I don't really want to fill the whole house with throw pillows. I'm lining up some other ideas for where best to exhibit the BFF's genius. However, I have mentioned to him that maybe once in a while he could drunkenly scrawl some art that faces to the right? If it's not too much trouble.

Postscript:

I would like to point out that this whole project was made possible by the blessing of Craft Supply Hoarding. Of course I had enough fabric -- plus pom-pom fringe, plus stuffing -- lying around the house to create two throw pillows on the spur of the moment. I did actually go purchase carbon paper ($17 for 100 sheets at Staples) and the stylus (which was like $1.50 or something at Joann's), but everything else was hoarded. I try to keep it reasonable, like I don't want to end up on a reality show when they find my body decomposing under a pile of glue sticks. But I totally amass these things because I need to be able to execute these stupid ideas immediately or I go nuts. So you heard it here first: HOARDING PAYS. The End.

No comments: