Friday, May 2, 2014

More Embroidery

A few more embroidery projects in the pile:

This is my last Great Big Postcard swap entry, chronologically last and also the last one that I will ever submit because this is the second year in a row that I have received nothing in return, nor seen a hint that my postcard was received. So that's it for me. Patti, did you get anything? [Edit: I see that you did. Congrats!]

The theme this time was "Celebrate":

This video is in my Top Ten Reasons The Internet Kicks Ass:

And the joke was on me because I had that song stuck in my head for two weeks.

One of my gym buddies is a secret LotR nerd, and she loves Legos. So her son buys her the huge LotR Lego sets for Xmas, and she excitedly builds them and takes photos, then disassembles them. She was showing off her latest Lego photos to me one day and I told her how jealous my husband would be if he saw them. She said, "You want it?" I said, "Are you kidding?" She totally gave the set to me.

The night I brought it home I walked in the house and just silently held up the box. My husband froze, gaped at the box, pointed, and in a cautiously optimistic tone said, "Is that.....IN there??" Turns out he knows I'm a complete shit, and would totally have just taken an empty "Battle of Helm's Deep" box and filled it with oranges because I am a horrible person. I said "Yes it is. Now make that face again so I can show her a photo."

After I took a shot of him gaping, he told me how expensive it was. Sweet Holy Sauron!! I decided right then that I had to make her a thank-you gift. So I google image searched LotR maps and made this:

Check out the dope scroll frame I got at either Hobby Lobby or Joannes, I can't remember. I think Hobby Lobby:

Just the wood part -- the metal poles on either side are my door-mounted folding ironing board, simultaneously the greatest AND worst thing ever invented.

I made this for my friend Sara's birthday. I can't take credit for the pattern because it was pre-printed on the pillow case:

(There's the ironing board again. We fight a lot, but I can't quit it.)

Here's where you can purchase the pillow cover:

Sublime Stitching Mark Allen Pillow Cover

I stuck to the suggested colors, then added her name and a lot of beads. The raccoon now looks like he's part fly:

And check out these guys:

I'm pleased with how the flowers came out:

If Jenny Hart checks her linkbacks and finds this, I have a message for her:

1. I love you, Jenny Hart.

2. Thank you for teaching me how to make a perfect french knot. You should have seen the bullshit I was producing before I read your book. An affront to god, that's what they were. Please know that you have touched my life.

Now everyone go buy stuff from her. Oh damn, I just saw the Loteria patterns. BRB y'all.

No comments: