Friday, May 9, 2014

Tiny Patch Vests

My memory is terrible. Very often I learn about something and then completely forget about it. Which is how I can watch the Predator a thousand times and always be surprised by the ending! And it's also what happened with inkjet printer iron-ons.

Upon rediscovering a pack of them in my sewing table, I stood completely erect and announced, "I WILL MAKE BUBBA A PATCH VEST."

I spent a couple of (work) hours on google image search collecting band logos and shrinking them down in Microsoft Word (very technical, you understand) filling several pages. I then took the file home and bullied the husband into printing it out on his inkjet printer.

While he was doing that, I designed a tiny vest shape on paper and forced poor Bubba to keep trying it on until I got one that worked. Then I cut up a pair of old jeans into a bunch of little vests and hemmed all the edges. And THEN I invited my friend to bring her rat Loki to my house for craft night so we could make tiny vests for him too! SQUEEE!!

We cut out the tiny patches and ironed them onto the tiny vests.

AHHHHH!!!! SO CUTE!!! Then I got out the Bedazzler.

AAAHHH!!! But what if Bubble wants to go to a punk show?

SO PUNK AND SO METAL!!! I also sprayed bleach on that one before I put the patches on. Oh shit, I just now decided to make him a little Vyvyan vest. And so it shall be done. But what if Loki wants to come too?

AWWWW!!! SO CUTE!! I have star studs for leather work that I put on the back too:

By the way, I kept my tack hammer near by and made sure the points were all down on the studs. Don't want the little dudes suffering for fashion.

But Bubba might want to go a little understated sometimes, like for a more formal event. Luckily Hobby Lobby carries many many many many many many many (breath) many many many different types of cross iron-on patches, which work even better upside down:

LOOK HOW TEENY MY LITTLE DOODLE USED TO BE. They grow up so fast!! Bubba now has a whole rack of little vests to suit every occasion.

I do have some sad news, and I hate to bring the room down...but sweet Loki is no longer with us. Rest in peace, little man. It was an honor to have you turd on my floor.

1 comment:

soozinsta said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.