Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Xmas 2017 AKA This Is What Happens When I Don't Post For A Year

The first Xmas at the Underground Bunker was a magical time! It is rather "cozy" in there, but luckily I found a pre-lit 4' tree at Michael's that perfectly wedges between the mantel/shelf/thing and the low ceiling. I usually stick to my hard and fast rule that nothing Xmas goes up until after Thanksgiving. But I wanted to make sure I would have time to return the tree if the lights didn't work, so my Xmas decorating overlapped with my annual Hellraiser marathon:

I can't remember if I found this guy at Michael's or Target. I think maybe Target:

Okay, I might have modified him a bit...and he became my tree topper! So cute. Special thanks to Ex-BIL Mike for gifting me some pentagrams he printed off a 3-D printer. Hail Satan! Hooray!

During a particularly successful Craft Night a few years ago, one of the ladies said to me, "I have a bunch of bones in the back of my car. Do you want them?" Um, yes. Yes I do. I hung onto them forever, and this past Xmas I decided it was time to cover them in silver leaf and wire them up as ornaments. Unfortunately I guess I misplaced the close up shot I took. So here they are on the tree:

They look much better and shinier in person. I'll try to take a better pic this year. I also got one of those tubes of plain white balls (that's what she said) and improved them with a Sharpie:

That's leftover silver leaf on my hands. It's messy, y'all.

While I had the silver leaf stuck all over my body, I decided to alter a skull given to me by my Surrogate Mom. She had covered the skull with beads, but I thought it should be solid silver like a helmet, so I leafed over the beads:

I'm still debating whether I want to do a black wash over it, or add another layer of leaf, or leave it alone. I go back and forth.

N.U.T.S.A.C. Brother Cody received an Officially Sanctioned Nana for Xmas:

He immediately saluted her and asked her for guidance:

I made this for a coworker, and he sent over this photo of his lovely tree:

I think that about wraps it up. Anything to add, Julia?

I guess not. Merry Xmas, Every One!

No comments: