Friday, March 2, 2018

Still With The Leftovers

...because I can't talk about what I'm working on NOW because it's all for BIRTHDAYS which is really ANNOYING. So here's some more stuff I've piled up.

The Cowboy collected this big piece of rusted metal for me during our road trip to Seattle:

[Excellent cropping.] The base is a weird flat wooden thing with its own frame attached. I tore out the fabric that was glued to the center, sanded and painted the background, then attached the metal using self-leveling pouring medium. I wasn't sure it would hold because the metal is heavy, but so far so good. I also made a little neck support out of clay that I wedged under the metal.

While I was in a leafing mood, I decoupaged this photo to a thin little wooden plaque, then gold leafed the edges:

Found some stacks of meat, decoupaged them to a mini canvas:

Made a fabulous card for the BFF and used it as an excuse to practice using silver embossing powder:

Boy is that some sloppy garbage. I promise I have improved. Even though I can't TALK ABOUT IT because BIRTHDAYS. >:( This next one is from a past birthday:

Also I bought a die cutter which has come in very, very handy. More on that later.

Here's another early die cutting and embossing experiment, along with some washi tape and shitty ink blending:

The BFF is so lucky to have me.

And last but never least, since I'm bitching about another grueling birthday season, KC/DC sent me this for my birthday last year:

HOORAY KING! He has a permanent home on my fridge, thanks to two of the Gorgoroth buttons that I glued magnets to the back of. I also have Horna, G.B.H and some Hellraiser. Thanks again, E-6000!

Back to the mountain of birthday projects...

No comments: