Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy Birthday! Love, America

I try to make Shiffy's birthday special every year by sending cigarettes and Cheetos to brighten up her damp little island. But the shipping to England is putting me in the poor house, so I punked out this year and went handmade:

Untitled

The Statue of Liberty pattern can be found in the most awesome cross-stitch book ever, MAKATO'S CROSS-STITCH SUPER COLLECTION!! The fireworks and tender sentiment are of course my own addition.

I tossed in some Stone Mountain souvenirs because I'm not sure I had those when she visited. Also I clued the BFF in and asked if he wanted to add anything, to which he responded with what I imagine is the Australian National Anthem, because that joke never gets old. I unwisely encouraged him by printing it out and gluing it to a nice card which is way more than he deserves. The husband added a Captain America sticker, making this the most glorious birthday package I'm sure the Shiffster will receive this year. If she ever receives it at all, since she informs me that after the (yet another) bank holiday, she's going to Chicago. As always, I have full confidence in the postal service. :(

Happy Birthday, Shiffy!

No comments: