Thursday, August 16, 2012

Postcard Swap Update

The theme for this Postcard Swap is "Discover." Know who's a good discoverer of things? Nikola Tesla! I turned again to Google image search and my trusty old work printer (shh) to produce some quality Tesla Action Shots with which to construct a postcard. If you'll recall, I recently "discovered" glow-in-the-dark embroidery floss. When I saw what Google had on offer I decided that floss was a good fit for this project. Even though the glowing is not very impressive.

My husband accidentally ordered flat cards for a project instead of the folding kind, but I assured him I could make use of them one way or another. It turns out they are perfect postcard-size. I cut out my Tesla pictures, used modpodge to adhere them to the cards, then poked holes where I wanted to embroider. I did one card for the back and one for the front, then sewed them together because otherwise it would just be a giant mess. Please note the "stamp":

Only the white floss on the front glows in the dark. The other floss is just regular olive green.

Untitled
Untitled

I'm pretty sure I sent this one ^ and the one above it to my swap partner. I made two each of the three postcards pictured above and one of the following:

... because I printed out two of each picture but that one was small so I stuck both on one sheet. These are the most mature entries I've ever produced for this swap! I hope she likes them. Frankly, I just hope she receives them. Don't get me started again on the postal service.

No comments: