Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Postcard Swap - Received!

Yay! I received the loveliest package from my postcard swap buddy in England! Her name is Laura and she is from Lancashire. (Have I mentioned how much I love Royal Mail? It's delightful!) The theme was "Discover," so Laura sent over a package of items to help me discover the area where she lives. She sent two stitched postcards, one little stitched card, several photographs, and a gorgeous screen print, plus a note with a detailed description of everything. Here it is in a beautiful pile:

Gorgeous. The first postcard depicts the Queen Street Mill:

Untitled

The second is of the bridge at Wycoller Country Park:

Untitled

AND THE THIRD CARD IS THIS SWEET LITTLE MOUSE AND IT'S SO CUTE I'M SHOUTING:

Laura sent many photos of the mill, the park, and other places of interest around her area. And she sent this beautiful screen print that she did which I believe is also the Mill, but I stupidly did not bring her notes with me to work, so I will confirm that when I get home. [Edit: It is a screen print of Pendle Heritage Center.] I'm going to have it framed:

Untitled

It was a wonderful package and I was delighted to receive it. I hope she likes her postcards of Tesla and pile of Stone Mountain souvenirs. Not really a fair trade for her I'm afraid.

Thank you, Laura!

No comments: