Thursday, August 30, 2012

Postcards, Ahoy!

This postcard swap got me thinking about postcards again. Since my husband accidentally ordered that package of flat cards instead of folding cards, I have piles of those things, along with an accordion file of magazine clippings and stickers which I have to struggle to close. So I decided it was postcard time.

I decorated and mailed out 25 postcards to friends and have only heard back from 12 people. I hope that means the other folks are just busy (or lazy) and not that the cards got lost in the mail. NOT THAT THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN. So I will post photos of a few of the cards that I know for a fact have been received:

I knew Gaby would appreciate a photo of Courtney Love crying.

Geez, you can really see through this one, huh? I hope that's a camera trick. Sorry, Patti! I promise I'll do better on the next one.

And this one made it through with all the eyeballs intact! More than I could have asked for. Hey, what a great blurry photo!

This next one was my test card. I knew if this one got through the mail service, everything else was safe:

Success!! I hope that image kept a sorter from hanging himself...if only for a day.

I also hope that this blue mailbox near my job is still in service because about half the postcards went into it. It's totally faded, but it's in front of a bank, so I hope it's not retired. Whatever, if anyone is offended that they didn't get one I can just say, "Must have gotten lost in the mail!" I win.

2 comments:

soozinsta said...

I totally got mine! And I'm a total failure for not thanking you already. I meant to mention it at Dragon*Con but, you know, wrestling, shenanigans, blah blah blah, I can't remember to do anything at Dragon*Con. But thank you for the Beastie Boys postcard. It was super awesome and I loved it.

Diana said...

Yay! Girl, I feel you. I haven't touched a computer since last Thursday. And I'm sorry I didn't get to see your Chicken Lady costume in person, but the photo I saw was glorious.