Thursday, March 1, 2007

Decoupage Kit Box

When we first started the Atlanta Rollergirls, everyone was shopping like crazy. Someone got the idea to order these old-style skate boxes to carry our stuff around in. When we had all our necessary equipment, such as pads and helmets, the boxes were not big enough to hold any of it, so only a few girls continued using them. I was not one of them. But I liked the box so I hung on to it.

One day I decided I was sick of keeping my decoupage crap in a million different places. I noticed the skate box gathering dust in the guest room and started making plans to use it to build a kit to haul my decoupage stuff around in.

Of course I did not take a photo of the box before I started. I swear that I will do that from now on. Just picture this box in all black with the patterned gray interior that you can still see under the ephemera.
Behold:
Spongebob is going for the touchdown and Elvis is unable to stop him! The background is some awesome wrapping paper we got on a gift from some friends, and I kept every scrap.

Here's the bottom:
Does that poodle remind anyone else of Kimora Lee Simmons? The center piece is a lenticular print of a monkey busting ass while he tries to rollerskate. Monkeys are instant comedy.

The husband thought these dials would look James Bond-y on the top:

All I know is I'm not trying to get that shit through airport security. I added duct tape to the handle because there's a seam in the plastic that makes it painful to carry.

One side:

Other side:

Bottom side:
Beastie beastie beastie beastie boys gettin' live on the spot....

Okay, let's open her up:
Ball fringe - Check. Cupie Doll - Check. Rammstein sticker - Check. Football card with super-hot quarterback boyfriend Mark Brunell's stats - Check. And gentlemen prefer Mod Podge.

I've glued elastic in to hold my sponge brushes and scissors, which are very important. At least as important as Dr. Dre.

FYI - Mary is in there because there's no law against athiests enjoying iconography.

Here's the bottom with the stuff out of it:

And another view:
And here's my EIGHT DOLLAR ACCORDIAN FILE, thank you very much Staples, that I used to finally organize my photos:

My organizational system is highly complex, but I'll attempt to explain it. I have small b/w, medium b/w, and large b/w. Then I have small color, medium color, and large color. Very tricky. Oh, I also have a section for stickers and etc. I hope that didn't blow your mind.

No comments: