Thursday, March 1, 2007

Paintings

Sometimes I get a wild hair up my ass and I decide to paint a canvas. Here's the typical result:
Yeah, that's a pretty bad black panther. But we haven't insulted any celebrities yet...
Ahhh... that's better! My apologies to Mr. Hasselhoff. And it's a good thing for Elvis Presley that my photo of "Glitter King" won't load for some reason.
Here's one I actually like:
Just a nice little planetscape that's not offending anyone. These three are 16x20.

I recently have begun purchasing original artwork at thrift stores and adding stuff to it. Again, I did not take before photos of the following, but I will from now on.

The first one was a nice little painting of a shrimp boat, or something, until one day it was descended upon by a hoard of UFOs:

Here's a brighter photo of it, except there's a horrible glare:
This is more true to the actual colors in the painting. I just add my name under the original artist's name, and there you have it - a collaboration! I didn't add the rope. It came that way. Nice.

The next one was a sweet, serene landscape...
...until I added the skulls and bones piled up on the sand:
And the left side:
This one and the shrimp boat went to Zeppo and her husband for Xmas. I made one other, and I think that will be in a blog entitled "Crap I Have Made For Gaby." It would be included here, but apparently those photos didn't make it onto Flickr either. Stupid Mac.

No comments: