Thursday, March 1, 2007

Stuffed Stuff

Onward to my adventures in sewing!

Xmas was a cheap-n-crafty one at my house last year, starting with these little fleece monsters:


The pattern is my own design, which is why the little dudes are so misshapen and lumpy.

Some friends of ours have a daughter that absolutely loves "Monsters, Inc.," so I decided to make Mike and Sulley. Sulley is a different color in my mind than in real life:

Oh, well. Also, be cowed by the majesty of my white plastic Xmas tree.

Here's Mike:

[Big thanks to Brother Dan the Man for the name correction. Don't believe everything you read on Google Images.] I did not trust my sewing skills enough to attempt individual teeth, so I colored his and Mike's mouths in with a Sharpie. Not the greatest result but I couldn't really think of a better way to pull it off. If I had sewn individual teeth, they'd be all scary and crooked and raggedy and not really the type of thing a child would want to sleep with. Maybe next time I'll glue them on.

We visited some friends in San Diego and had a little stingray "adventure." So for Xmas I made them a stingray of their very own. In all likelihood their dog has probably eaten it by now:

Awww! He's cute AND menacing.

I made this lumpy-ass pillow for the Tennessee fan on my list:

That's it for the Xmas presents and the sewing. Here's something I knit for myself to cuddle in bed:

That's right, it's my hot boyfriend Rob Zombie! I made him based on the pattern in Knit.1 Spring/Summer 2005 for Robot Keychains. I used various leftover acrylic, and I used Red Heart "Symphony" in Juniper for his hair which turned out awesome. I did not make the sweater - I bought that at Joanne's.

With this next one I don't remember what I was attempting. But when I was finished I decided he looked like a little choad, so I named him "Richard":

And last but not least, here's an oldie but a goodie, whipped up for a Roller Derby fundraiser and also based on the Robot Keychain pattern - it's L'il Danzig!

Isn't he cute? Note the massive biceps and inflated ego. I made the belt buckle and necklace out of silver Fimo, and the tag is a woodblock print I made. I like to hand those out sometimes to deserving folks.

That's it for the stuffed animals. I think I'll do the purses next.

No comments: