Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Die Cutting the N.U.T.S.A.C. Way

I watch entirely too many card making videos. And those folks love them some die cutting. I resisted! I said to myself, "Self? You don't need another damn tool." And I was right. So I fought! I stood firm! But ultimately my desperate need of new outlets for ass-clownery was too great, and I caved. Standing in the papercraft aisle of a really huge Michael's, I dialed up Amazon on my phone for price comparisons and reviews. Michael's must have heard of Amazon before, because their prices exactly matched! So I bought the Spellbinders Platinum 6:

As I mentioned previously, it's a medium-sized die cutter, but it's big enough for my needs. So I bought it along with some standard die cutting shapes -- a set each of circles, rectangles and stars. I might have also got a "Thanks" die at that time, I can't remember. But that was enough to get me started. I have since added more sentiment sets, a few more shapes, a couple alphabets, and a set of frame borders. I only buy the dies that I know I can use over and over again. And I haven't gotten too much into the embossing folders because it doesn't hold much interest for me. But I like die cutting.

Once again I am sad that I can't show the birthday stuff! But here's some other cards I have made

I also love, love heat embossing. Guys, I just have to take a second to acknowledge that it is drizzling here in SLC, and everyone is FREAKING OUT. One coworker said, "Oh! It's raining really hard out there..." I said, "Really?" and went to the window. Guys, the SIDEWALK IS STILL DRY. HAHAHAAHHA!! During any given seven day period in Atlanta, it will rain at least twice. Guaranteed. These people would not survive. I am laughing super hard at them.

Anyway:

This is where the die cutter really shines for me because my handwriting is ABYSMAL.

I admire how savage those two little girls are. They are not fucking around.

You knew black metal was imminent. Okay, I'm going to wrap this up so I can go laugh at the desert people some more. But please believe their driving is not funny at all. They can't drive when it's dry, Dark Lord help us all when it's "raining really hard." *SHUDDER* Please keep me in your thoughts during my commute home. :(

No comments: