Thursday, March 15, 2018

Still Cutting

I like to invest in the wafer thin dies that I know I will use over and over again, and of course that means they must hold potential for ass-clownery. I liked the looks of the fortune cookie die from Ellen Hutson. Here's what I've done with it:

Still working that address stamper I found at the walmarks. It is the besssst. And you can't really tell in that shot but I accented the tear with a shimmer pen. So touching.

Jennifer McGuire is the ne plus ultra of card makers. In one of her videos she shows an example of a card she turned into a pull-tab by slicing and dicing wherever she wants because she is a magician. She inspired me to put a pull-tab in behind this tree:

I've always joked that I'm amassing all the crafting skills for the day I finally Voltron all of them into a single project. Card making might be that project. Cards are basically smaller, faster mixed media projects, and I'm having a blast. I can't stop!

Yesterday I had to use a stock photo of the Spellbinders Platinum6 die cutter because I couldn't find the picture I took of my own. I reshot it last night, and here it is!

So we need to talk about these cats:

The artist is Hillzart and you can find her on etsy and instagram. I met her at Craftlake City 2017 and bought a pile of stuff from her, including this plaque hanging on the inside of my front door:

It is a helpful reminder that no matter how reassuring the creatures around you seem to be, you're still going to end up decapitated with your severed hand frozen in the thumbs-up position for all eternity.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: