Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Candles and Nanas and Boobies Oh My

In the endless pursuit of mastering all 70s crafts, I borrowed this bottle cutter from the Cowboy. The box is amazing:

It's tough to get this to work every time, and some glass bottles are super cheap. So the only bottles that survived this experiment are as follows:

L-R: Mini Tanqueray, two Mexican cokes, and a black cherry soda. [Also pictured: the Cowboy's gummy bears and gigantic pumpkin.] Nothing else survived the cutting process. And I don't feel comfortable drinking out of any of these things so I made them into candles. Fun fact, I used brown dye in the wax which was the perfect soda color until it cooled. Now they're all a soothing 70s beige.

I had some wax leftover and all I had in the stash was a DAD mug. I customized it with some rub-on letters to make it more to my liking.

They probably won't stay on there forever, but they are way more durable than I expected. Hooray! Look how soothing....

I've been meaning to present another Official N.U.T.S.A.C. Nana:

PRAISE HER HOLY NAME.

I made this card for Ex-Husband, I think for Valentine's Day?

The background stenciling came out kind of sloppy, but also kind of looks like a sloppy bordello, which totally works.

And lastly, when I've worked a full day and then gone to boxing, sometimes I'm too tired to do anything creatively meaningful. So I've been trying to just put something in my sketchbook so I don't go for long stretches without making anything. One night I decided to draw eyes, but I was drinking the Five Wives vodka so then some boobies appeared.

Still counting the minutes until my camping trip. Need to go do a lap through Factory Job and then continue cleaning out the craft backlog. Hooray!

No comments: