Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Scenes From Factory Job

A couple weeks ago Agent Cody greeted me with, "Tomorrow is Georgie's birthday! I'm going to bring banana nut muffins, cream puffs..." I interrupted to point out that tomorrow was a saturday. Cody said, "I'm going to bring it in on Monday!" I said, "Oh, okay. Also, who the fuck is Georgie?" Cody replied, "The gorilla!"

One year ago Cody taped this paper King Kong to the top of a pole near the area where he works. Then he marked down the date and christened him Georgie. N.U.T.S.A.C. is alive and well at Factory Job, y'all.

True to his word, Agent Cody turned it out for Georgie the following Monday:

I made Georgie a card from all of us at N.U.T.S.A.C.

And then I insisted that Cody give Georgie a party hat.

Not surprisingly, everyone except Cody and myself were completely confused by this party. That's why we have to stick together. N.U.T.S.A.C. REPRAZENT

However, we're not the only ones that need joy down at Factory Job, as exhibited by this tray that once came sailing down the conveyor belt:

There there, little dude. :(

But some progress is being made! Someone shattered a knob on one of the paper folders, and replacement parts are non-existent due to everyone ever involved in its manufacture being long dead and buried. After confirming with the maintenance guys that the possibility of warranty violation was completely laughable, I brought in a small piece of my Wonderflex, my heat gun, and some appropriately colored markers. Voila!

I hit that baby with a paint marker and challenged anyone to tell which knob was the original:

Completely identical.

Last but not least, I put up an Archie McPhee rubber chicken poster in the server room for my own amusement. One of my coworkers spotted it and asked why it had been crucified. I handed her some Sharpies and insisted she make it official. She obliged.

What we do is right.

No comments: